Product Description Cressi Neon
Innovation never stops in the halls of Cressi Elettronica and, in 2019, this prestigious Italian brand has decided to surprise us again with a new diving computer. Inheriting the success of a six products dynasty including the Leonardo, Giotto and Newton both divers and swimmers from many disciplines will be talking about a single name: Neon.
Bearing the Cressi Specialized standard seal, Neon displays a more sporty, modern appearance than previous computers of the brand while maintaining a tendency to be less heavy and more hydrodynamic. With a extra-flat profile of just 14 millimeters and 70 grams, the Neon will never be an underwater nuisance. However, its low profile has not made it lose any quality in safety and protection: its anti-scratch mineral glass has the additional barrier of a Crystal silicone protector to further reduce the risk of breakage and accidents.
On a technical level, the User-Friendly Display System (UFDS) screen, now measuring 38 mm in diameter, comes with the addition of a high intensity back lighting that produces up to 4000 MLux, which doubles the lighting power of previous computers and produces a clearer view on deep dives. Two buttons on the Neons right side allow its user to easily manage four immersion modes: the classic Air, Nitrox (EAN) and Gauge are joined by a powerful Apnea special mode for free-lung dives. Finally, a low-consumption processor further extends battery life and makes the Neon more fluid in its use.
After the successful Leonardo, Giotto, Newton, Drake, Goa and Cartesio, NEON is the seventh project designed, developed and produced in Italy 100% by Cressi Elettronica. It´s a computer with watch design and completely modular construction, extremely robust and reliable. Cressi has all the quality control of this product due to the fact that its entirely prepared and made in Cressi Elettronica, referring to either the Software programming or its production and manufacture, quality control and after sales service.
Under its latest and attractive watch appearance is hiding thorough software which highlights its versatility. Its perfect for advanced divers or technical diving and for apnea or snorkelling, but surprisingly simple for medium diver because of the clear and easy information supply only with two buttons.
– Box in impact-resistant technopolymers. This composition allows a great lightness, resistance to shock and aesthetic aging. The computer case is extremely flat, with a section without edges very hydrodynamic and its dimensions are relatively contained, with a great vision of the digits.
– The computers profile is extremely flat (14 mm maximum height), it has a section without edges and with a completely rounded design, its highly hydrodynamic and avoids possible tears. Even the strap anchorage follows the case profile.
– Two rounded, low-profiled, push buttons greatly integrated in the device, and have reduced spaces to ensure O-rings watertightness when working perfectly in vertical inclination and also to avoid the entrance of particles or little sand grains that could block them.
– Case diameter only 48 mm.
– Wide UFDS (User Friendly Display System) screen of 38 mm diameter vs 48 mm of the whole case. It includes the well-known ease of navigation and menus of Cressi computers with software. Information layout, display contrast, proportions and digits size have been studied to facilitate its reading. All data is segmented by division lines that facilitate its reading even in stress or emergency situation.
– New processor of high performance and low consumption. It allows much faster data processing, more backlight power and alarm sound and multiplies the battery´s autonomy compared to previous models by two. CPU ARM Cortex M3 32 bit | Frequency 14 MHz | Flash Memory 256 Kb | 32 Kb RAM.
– High-intensity backlit display with push button or in case of alarm (5 s per press).
– High resistance mineral crystal screen.
– Guaranteed resistance up to 120 m depth.
– Optional interface via Bluetooth.
– Thermoplastic rubber strap with stainless steel buckle.
– New menu navigation system and introduction of parameters for maximum usability and intuition. Outstanding ease of configuration, navigation through the different menus and access to the large amount of information provided in a very intuitive way.
– Clock 12/24 hours with calendar and seconds.
– Precision stopwatch.
– Alarm clock.
– High-intensity backlight function (4000 Mlux, more than twice the number of computers with the highest lighting power to date).
– Indication of non-flight time and desaturation time.
– Low battery indicator.
– Metric or imperial units.
– Battery replaceable by user.
– OFF MODE for use in snorkelling / swimming.
– LOG BOOK with the historical memory of 50 dives per mode or 40 hours.
– Air, Nitrox (EAN), Gauge and Apnea (Free) modes.
– Very long battery life through a combination of systems: saving mode when the computer with automatic ignition is not used and a new low consumption processor. CR2450 battery.
– Interface with connection to the dive computer simply by supporting the computer and connection to the PC with USB cable. Software compatible with all Windows and Mac versions.
– Calibrated depth gauge in salt water for maximum precision in the most common use.
– Possibility of deactivating DIVE functions to avoid unnecessary alarms during snorkelling or swimming.
– Polyvalent Air / Nitrox.
– Possibility of using two different mixtures in the same dive, 1st mix from 21% to 50%, 2nd mix from 21% to 99% of O² with increments of 1%.
– Wienke RGBM Algorithm 9 modified tissues.
– RGBM + Deep Stop Algorithm (optional).
– Algorithm customizable in 3 levels (Safety factor: SF0, SF1, SF2).
– Allows successive dives with different mixtures.
– SNC oxygen toxicity graphic indicator.
– PLAN mode (immersion planning).
– PP02 adjustable from 1.2 to 1.6.
– Logbook: 50 dives per modality or 40 hours.
– Ascent speed with graphic indicator and visual and acoustic alarms.
– Pre-definable altitude.
– Acoustic, visual and display illuminated alarms: PO2, CNS, ascent speed, DECO, omitted DECO, exceeded maximum depth (optional).
– Calibrated in salt water for maximum precision.
– NO DEC TIME and DEC TIME.
– Optional safety stop (Stop) in case of safety curve dives.
– Approximate autonomy of 4 years (50 dives per year).
– Temperature, time, instant PO2, maximum depth allowed and mix used visible underwater at the touch of a button.
– High-power backlit display (one press, 5 seconds).
– Reset option via menu. Eliminates the residual nitrogen memory for use in diving centres for rental or teaching.
– Time indication during the dive.
– Possibility of silencing ascent speed alarms.
Studied to provide the basic precise parameters for diving with mixtures and decompression tables, calculated through specific programs.
– Calibrated gauge in salt water (maximum precision).
– Supply of current depth, maximum depth, diving time in minutes and seconds and temperature.
– Logbook of 50 dives independent from the dives done in Gauge mode.
– Average depth.
– Adjustable chronometer under the water.
FREE APNEA PROGRAM
– Diving counter.
– Maximum diving depth.
– Elapsed dive time.
– Surface interval from the previous dive.
– Elapsed Sesion time.
– Alarm of depth, time of diving, time of surface.
– Recovery time with alarm.
– Indication of time during the dive.
– Static apnea chronometer.
– Logbook of 50 dives per day.